Spike: I’l step in and challenge Lee if Saunders is out

GARY ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan says he is will to replace Billy Joe Saunders and challenge Andy Lee for the WBO middleweight title in Manchester on October 10, if rumours the challenger has pulled out are true.

Irish-boxing.com believes Saunders a former ‘Spike’ opponent has pulled out of the clash through injury and the eagerly anticipated 160lbs clash will be rescheduled for a second time.

The Cork middleweight, who is on the verge of confirming an American fight date, says he would stay this side of the Atlantic and step in for Saunders and ensure the show doesn’t have to be relegated to World War II from World War III.

Spike has previously told Irish-boxing.com and in fairness anyone that would listen that he wanted the winner of the proposed clash and that he was confident he could be beat both World renowned middleweights.

The Cork man backed Lee to win and expressed excitement about a possible first ever all Irish World title fight and as soon as rumours the October 10 fight was in trouble started circulating the Celtic Warrior Gym fighter was on Twitter confirming he would step in.

irishboxing

Integral part of the Irish boxing community for over 13 years