‘Sensational’ Cacace is going to ‘rip it up’ in 2015 says McGuigan

ANY Belfast small hall regulars will be aware of the talent Anthony Cacace posses having watched him blaze his way to Irish title success in just five fights.

The former Prospect of The Year winner failed to build on  that first round Mickey Coveney KO back in 2012 and went stale for nigh on a year and half.

However, 25 year old signed with Cyclone Promotions last year and after two fight in his new stable he is ready to for a return to the radar and will be beeping louder and brighter than ever before in 2015.

Irish boxing legend and CEO of Cyclone Promotions is predicting nothing short of a ‘sensational’ year for the Belfast man. McGuigan is excited by ‘Apache’s’ potential and claims he will ‘rip up’ super featherweight division.

“This kid is really sensational. he has a bunch of talent, he can box, he can fight, he punches so hard and I’m telling you he is going to rip up the super featherweight division,” said McGuigan.

“All of those guys out there he has a target on them right now and I promise you this year is going to be very, very exciting for Anthony Cacace.”

Shane McGugian confirmed Cacace will fight in an eight round contest on the undercard of Carl Frampton’s first World title defence in the Odyessy Arena on February 28.

“He had been stale for about a year and a half, so when he signed with us we gave him two sort of easy run outs. We will announce his opponent soon and he will fight good quality opposition over eight rounds and people can watch that fight on ITV 4.”

irishboxing

Integral part of the Irish boxing community for over 13 years