20 August 2008 – by Mark Doyle
Martin Rogan’s bout with Audley Harrison has been postponed for a second time, after the Irishman was forced to pull out of the September 6 heavyweight clash through injury.
The pair had been originally scheduled to meet in Birmingham on July 2 but that date was scrapped due to TV scheduling issues.
The fight was then added to next months Amir Khan-fronted show at the Manchester Evening News Arena, but now Rogan has withdrawn after doctors ordered the Prizefighter winner to stop sparring for at least six weeks because of a tendon inflammation in his hands.
“It is very frustrating and disappointing for all this to happen,” Rogans coach, John Breen, told The Irish Independent.
“Everything was going well for the new date until Rogie’s hands started to give him bother over a week ago.
“He complained of them being sore after a sparring session in the gym and when we went to the hospital we were told by the doctor he would have to lay off sparring for a few weeks.
“These things happen in boxing from time to time and you have to accept them. Rogie is having ice treatments every day and is on a course of anti-inflammatory tablets. Hopefully the condition heals quickly and he will be back in the gym by the end of this month.”