Return of the Mac Man- Lindsay looking forward to ring return

 

Martin Lindsay is looking forward to exiting boxing limbo, re entering the ring and moving back into title contention in 2012.

 

The Belfast featherweight hasn’t thrown a punch in anger since loosing his British title to John Simpson last December, but returns to the squared circle in London on March 23.

 

The ‘Mac Man’ faces Marc Callaghan, a former British title challanger that has turned into a respect journey man of late. The university graduate also already succesfully pasted the test poised by the English fighter and as a result will be expected to win.

 

Regardless of fight foe, however Lindsay is just happy to fighting again.

 

“It is great to have a fight, I have been out of action for too long. I beat Callaghan a few years ago in Italy in an eight rounder and he is a tough boy who has fought for the British title a few times. He will be a good test for me after so long off, but I should be able to out-box him. I have been in limbo for to long and I am looking forward to getting back in the ring,” Lindsay told the Belfast Newsletter.

 

With Paul McCloskey’s fight with Julio Diaz and Martin Rogan’s clash with Tyson Fury set for Belfast in May and April respectfully there is a chance the ticket seller could appear in front of his loyal support very shortly.

 

“I would fight on either card – but I know McCloskey has the Prizefighter show on his card but I am open to either. I want to put myself back on the map and get challenging for titles as soon as possible. I was supposed to be on the Rogan shows last year, but they fell through. I am open to offers of fights as I am promoter free at the minute. I am a free agent.

 

“I have training away since Christmas as I knew a fight would be on the cards. I am good shape and am looking to get back to winning ways against Callaghan,” said Lindsay

 

Leave a Reply