PAUL Hyland is delighted to have banked eight rounds and valuable experience as he makes the transition from amateur to pro.
The 23 year old lightweight made it two wins in less than a month last Friday out pointing Jo Beedon weeks after he defeat Zoltan Horvath
Such were the displays the Belfast puncher gained both media and fight fan plaudits, but Hyland believes he is on learning curve and is content to learn on the job for now.
Speaking to Irish-boxing.com about his most recent win in the Holiday Inn last Saturday he said.
“So far I’ve had eight good rounds. It is good to get those rounds under your belt. It’s all experience for me starting off. I feel I am getting settled into the pro game.
“Joe is known as an experienced journey man and I was happy enough with performance. I controlled the whole fight and boxed at my own pace. Those fights help me build up the rankings and help prepare me for whoever next,” he said.
So what is next? Well Hyland is one who likes to let his fist do the talking. Not one for name dropping or trying to stir things up. So it is a case of whatever his team see fit.
“I will il be talking to my manager Mark (Dunlop) this weekend and we will see what’s next. I’ll just keep training away so I am prepared for the next one. I think i might be out again in a few months. If anything comes up in between I’m happy enough and confident enough to take it, as it’s help me progress further at this stage.”